Monday, August 6, 2007

texas weekend

Isaac enjoyed his first airplane ride to Aunt Bebe's last weekend. Thanks so much to Beth for flying us down. It was so nice to get a front row seat into her life. Beth is a great sister but more importantly she is the best friend a girl could ask for. She gets greatly amused by my need to talk when we get together--in other words, I talk nonstop! We enjoyed eating out (Mom, you are right the Albanian-Italian restaurant is a great find!!!) and cooked in, shopped a little (made my first trip to Sam Moon), and tried to catch some rays but believe it or not Texas was cool that weekend and it was always shady when we tried to go swimming. But the talking was great and isn't that what being sisters is really all about??

We didn't take many pictures...and tried to make up for that fact by taking a few goodbye pictures in the airport. So this picture is memorable not for it's content but for the fact we were taking it of ourselves (over and over trying to get all of us in the picture) while getting quite a few funny looks. I'm not sure why we just didn't ask someone to take it.

One of the highlights of the weekend was hearing a guest speaker at her church on Sunday. He spoke on the subject of prayer. He works for the global day of prayer and was challenging the church to pray more. It's amazing to me how much I personally believe in prayer but how little I utilize it. And, I really want to be comfortable breaking into prayer with my friends and family at all times and in all places. How often do I say to someone..."I'll be praying for you"....? Why do I not just pause and pray in that moment? Of course I'm hindered by busy schedule, young children, a busy husband, and keeping up with the endless tasks of the day BUT I think my biggest area of weakness concerning prayer is thinking the perfect moment will come when I can spend deep alone time with God. I can't wait for that perfect time because it will never come...but I do want to seize every second I have to pray more. I finished A.W. Tozer's Pursuit of God over the weekend as well. What a good read and challenge to balance our need to know God intellectually with a greater need to know Him personally and relationally.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love Isaac on the plane..adorabe! and can just see you and Beth taking the pic over and over...it came out great! Will be praying for your friend.

Making Memories 1999 said...

Glad you had a good time with your sister!! Thanks so much for posting the part about prayer!! I really enjoyed that! Oh, to keep my mind on HIM throughout the day!! Hope your day is going well today!!