Tuesday, September 30, 2008

pumpkin chip cookies

2 c. canned (plain) pumpkin
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
2 eggs
4 c. flour
4 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
2 t. baking soda dissolved in 2 t. milk
2 t. vanilla
8-16 oz. chocolate chips, depending on how chocolatey you want them to be (I usually go with 8 oz. because my kids are hyper enough without a double dose)

Stir together pumpkin, sugar, oil, and eggs.
Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
Add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, along with dissolved baking soda.
Stir in vanilla, chips, and nuts.
Drop walnut-sized cookies onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
Yields: 4-5 dozen

Thanks to Melissa F. for giving me this recipe 2 years ago!

If you ever need a quick thank-you gift for teachers, volunteers you can whip up a batch of these cookies and add a quick note of "thanks for chippin' in" with the recipe on the back.

2 comments:

amy said...

I LOVE, love these!!!!! See how carb-starved I am????

And you are right, Jen, those .2 are VERY important!

Kimberly said...

I'm making these right now for a party...wanting to call you and chat but too busy right now...maybe later?:)