Sunday, December 7, 2008

How we remember advent...

You ask what I am doing to celebrate advent? I'm searching for Jesus. Every day. Literally. We have a nativity that has a minute sized Jesus that is removable from it's manger and can be placed in Mary's open arms. This nativity set is plastic and made for children to manipulate. While last year the thought of Jesus possibly being a choking hazard was an issue...this year we are passed that stage. Little Isaac is obsessed with finding Jesus each morning upon waking. Usually he gets placed in the other nativity...but sometimes he goes missing. Hence my searching. Although it initially amused me greatly...it also packed a punch. Am I searching for Jesus? Am I helping my children develop skills to strengthen faith or hinder it? So I am thankful for my daily (or multiple times a day) reminder to stop and look for Jesus.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful!
I am also enjoying Advent...mostly due to the Catholic church! I love the admonition to empty my heart in preparation for His coming so that I can be a place where He can abide.

Cara said...

Love this post--so funny and I can identify. Il Divo does a beautiful song on their Christmas CD--Rejoice, what was lost is found. Wish I could play if for you--it would fit the theme of this post!

Unknown said...

Isn't it neat how our children often teach US lessons? We all need to be reminded of the real reason for the season through the busyness of it all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this story, Jen. We sure love you all. Thanks for the pics of your Thanksgiving trip...just wish we could have been with you all for a part of the holiday season.
Love,
Deb

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jenny, glad to catch up on your blog, I have been MIA for awhile and now sitting down to read everyone's. Loved seeing your Turkey day pics and looks like lots of fun was had.. Congrats on your first 10 k with many more to come I am sure. Getting ready to do the Phoenix half in January, I actually have quie a few freinds that are going to run it with me, I think like 4. This will be some of their first or second time doing it. Such a great thing to do. Congrats on your journey to weight loss, it is ever a constant battle isn't it???? I am so proud of you for your running, keep it up girl!