Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day

To my husband, my kids Dad, my childrens hero:

I can almost smell Isaac's neck and feel the soft folds of his neck as I look at this picture. It is one of my all time favorite pictures I have ever taken, because it captures a small piece of the relationship you create with our children. Looking back on our history together I often wonder what ever made you fall in love with me. Every day is a gift to wake up knowing that love is unequivocal and always constant. However, back in our early years together, even though I knew you'd make a great Dad I just had no idea how great "great" could be. From the very moment our first child entered the world there was an overwhelming realization I could not do this without you. You are Dad 24/7 and no job ever seems too hard, too late (or too early) to manage. You know how to work, play and laugh with your children, but perhaps most important you know how to "be" with them. You are an incredible role model to them. Your patience, calm wisdom and steady hand are ever molding them into "who God wants them to be (your constant prayer for them and us as a family)." I know it sounds cliched--but it is still worth saying and needs to be said. You are the "best Dad ever" (Cole's line....hmmm wonder where he learned that love of superlatives)! Thanks for loving us all so completely...you give yourself to us freely, completely, and wholeheartedly. Today we honor you, thank you and thank the God who gave you to us.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful tribute and picture! i'm impressed w/how you and Tom are such complimentary partners in growing such sweet-hearted children! And I thought of your Dad today as well...a truly great man! Love You!
(tell tom takimbatmatumbo? wishes him a happy day:)

kayla said...

I love that picture! Does Tom have his boys watching the "Trinity" videos yet? Wish him a Happy Father's Day from Harold and I.

jenny said...

Tom laughed out loud, Kayla, when I showed him your comment. You've pointed out our boys education is sadly lacking in that department and we thank you for having the spiritual fortitude to confront us and hold us accountable to a higher standard.

Kim, if you do come see us, your compliments are surely going to lessen or at the very least change but thanks for always believing in us. I believe the spelling is Dikembe Mutumbo but I'm still not sure that's right...it's a good memory though!

w2wkb said...

Tom's Famous... :-)

http://revitalizeyourchurch.blogspot.com/2007/06/what-do-wesleyans-do-well.html