Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Remembering Ruth

So sad (yet rejoicing for her) to hear of Ruth Graham's passing. I am posting two links to CT posts/articles that I found really inciteful. They are short...if you have a minute, read them. I think you will be greatly encouraged.

www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/juneweb-only/124-43.0.html
I loved the quote "the martyrdom of a long life" and the story of her outsmarting her son by climbing in a 2nd story window. I better start working out a lot harder before the teen years is all I can say.

www.ctlibrary.com/15655
I thought Billy's Graham's line, referring to their marriage to be profound..."we are happily incompatible."

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

We were able to see the funeral service...and I enjoyed it so much...strange to say for a funeral but true. What a beautiful, well-lived life, and what a true example of Christian hope even in times of sorrow. I taped it so will have to share w/you if you didn't see the whole thing...the message was awesome! Hope ya'll are having a good time w/those precious twins! (I love the names, too.)

sarahmfry said...

I thoroughly enjoyed these articles. I laughed and I cried and I am encouraged and challenged.

I can't tell you how great it was to hear that her kids were so like mine... And I, too, am going to have to practice my window-climbing skills!

It has made me want to study her more - this lady of grace and wit and spunk.

I'm so glad you started blogging. You ALWAYS have something interesting and encouraging - whether deep or just fun. Thanks for sharing.