Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Top Ten re: our PA Trip

Lookin' Good Babe Sweet! The Beautiful Yount Family


Top 10
(in no particular order, but kinda chronological)




1. Being coined "Jerry" by my adorable neice, Becca. We are now collectively known as "Tom and Jerry." The picture above is of Becca with our Maddie--they are only 2 months apart and quite the pair of girly girls when they get together.

2. Meeting our new nephews, Grant (left) and Graham (right), and seeing Krys and Jeff in action as wonderful parents. Krystal is an amazing momma that never stops giving herself away as she faithfully mothers her beautiful family! She is definitely the busiest mom I have met--but she does it all with grace and a smile.

3. On Sunday, little Jay reached for me over a close friend of their family's at church. I know it sounds trite--but it just felt so good to have my little nephew know not just the words "Aunt Jen"(or Jerry!) but to have him actually know me, if even for a fleeting weekend--wow! that made the drive seem like just a little jaunt.


4. Watching Tyler throw rocks 1/2 way across Penns Creek...wow does he have an arm. It was fun to be with Aunt Deb and cousin Tyler while we were there! Here Tyler is pictured with our Josiah and Cole. Tyler is 6 months older than Cole and they did a great job including Si in all their outings.

5. ISAAC IS CRAWLING!!!--no pictures to prove it but he started while we were at Krystal's. He seemed so contented playing in the rug in the middle of their floor with new toys when one day I noticed he was definitely going to town rocking on all fours. Next thing I knew, he was at the outer edge of the rug. I looked up and said to Krys, I do believe he's beyond scooting and he's graduated to a crawl. Now that we are back home he is into everything and getting around better each day.

6. A lesson learned and hopefully remembered: ALWAYS believe your children when they say they are sick on Pennsylvania roads! Enough said...and definitley no pictures.


7. Maddie turned 3 last Thursday! We were thrilled to be able to celebrate her birthday at my mom's house in PA. She received a doll house from us and hasn't quit playing with it since. We keep waiting for Benny to come back so he can be the dad!!


8.Tom took Cole and Josiah on their first roller coaster ride on a visit to a local kids amusement park (Idewild).

9. Watching Grandma & Maddie ride the carousel for the umpteenth time (who's counting?)... priceless.

10. Remembering why I do this blogging thing....





















Found on my mom's computer--she's definitely one of my biggest fans. In this long distance crazy paced 21st century life I'll take every opportunity to extend the connections that matter.

17 comments:

JenLo said...

Looks like a fun time! We are headed to the Adirondacks for a camping trip on Sat. First time taking our new puppy along--should be interesting.

BeBe said...

Jen,
So happy to check your blog and find the vacation pictures tonight! I confess I've been checking your blog every day since you got home hoping for some pictures to vicariously experience your trip=)

Krystal looks awesome and the twins are so precious. That is a wonderful family picture!

Maddie Kate and the carousel riding is so "Mom"

Kimberly said...

It all looks fun...glad you're back:)

laura k said...

Jenny,

It looks like you had such a wonderful time. It really brightened my morning to see your post and see the pictures of the kiddos! Seeing the pic of Maddie and her grandma so reminds me of Grace and her grandmas. Isn't it so wonderful how they would ride a carousel all day if that's what makes their grandkids happy!? We are so blessed! Hope you had a great holiday yesterday!

Hugs & Prayers ~ Laura

Tara said...

Yay! You're back! Seems like quite a few of us traveled at around the same time (I, too, found the PA roads a little queasy-inducing!). Blogworld can get lonely without us though when we're gone!
Thanks for your previous comments on my blog. I enjoy having you visit! Have a great day---probably spent doing laundry, eh?

julie f said...

Thank you, thank you for sharing the pictures! I sat here and cried when I saw the one of Krys and Jeff's beautiful family! I miss them so much!!!

Loved the story about your mom's computer! How precious!

I hope you guys have a wonderful day!
Love your sis,
Julie

Marty said...

Welcome Home! The pictures of your family are just precious! I love being able to see new pics every now and then! Keep it up!

Vonnie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I definitely have to remember the Tom and Jerry thing!! That is a good one. Those twins sure do remind me of my own!! How exciting and cute!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks for the update. It's good to have you back.

Julia said...

Jenny;

So glad you all had a nice time, glad you're back. Isn't it funny how this blog world even connects us to our Mom's. My Mom was just telling me on the phone last night how much she loves seeing updated photos of the boys and she feels like she gets to know their personalities from far away, by reading the anecdotes about them. If that doesn't drive you to post once a week, what will?
I concur with everyone on your beautiful family.

The Dickinsons said...

Jenny, I loved all the new pics! Really cute! Thanks for posting the ones of y'all's trip!

Have a great day,
Love, Heather =)

Kimberly said...

btw, I love Maddie's shoes...and the pic. w/your mom:)..(that's a shout out to you, Mrs. Coleman!!)

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jen,
Just today logged on to your blog. How beautiful your family is! We just got back from a week of camping in Silverton, Co. We were with Ryan's parents and Sofie is turning into quite the camper and I was even giving her fly fishing lessons from her pac-n-play on the river bank!(I was really trying not to snag her with the line!!!!) Love your blog!!!
Cherie p.s. how was your race??? you never did respond back???

The Dickinsons said...

Jenny, I put this comment on Sarah Fry's blog...I'm REALLY needing her phone number TODAY. I know with her just moving in, she may not get my message soon. If you have her phone number and could email it to me, I'd hug your neck! =) THANKS!

Sarah, I know you may not get this, since you are so busy, but I NEED your phone number TODAY, for I need some help getting some violin books to AZ soon, for our friend from there is coming to see us in Aug! If you (or anyone else who knows your number) could email me your number, I'd BE VERY GRATEFUL! Thanks tons!!

dickinsonfam@gmail.com
Love, Heather =)

jenny said...

Cherie (and anyone else interested):
I waited until after our trip to officially sign up and they closed registration the day I got up enough nerve to sign up. So, today was the TRI, and I missed it!!! I am officially a loser but am thinking about trying for a 10K on Thanksgiving day here...wanta come join me? We seriously have a date to do the Chicago marathon together next year(although I would be interested in doing it with some friends as a relay team--noway nohow am I ready for a marathon but I'll cheer you on my friend)!!!

And to anyone reading this who may think I'm fit or even approaching that status...let me CLARIFY I am the extremely out of shape person that people on the sidelines see and say "wow,I can't believe she's in this race!" In recent weeks, Tom has complimented (I think) my perseverance; but he's also a bit perplexed by my stubborness. :-)

Mary Ellen said...

I really enjoyed your pictures Jenny - sounds like you had a great vacation! The twins are too cute.

I can totally identify with the road sickness thing, Kaitlyn had that in Kansas but only said she felt sick about 1 second before it all came up!

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jen in a year and a half you will be more than ready for the marathon. I would love to run the 10K this November, but I think my belly will be toooooooo big---Due at the end!!! Keep it up. Running isn't natural for me either. I am like a turtle slow and steady. I am not competitive, just want to finish. xoxo Cherie