Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Please pray...

for my friend Amy. Following emergency surgery for a kidney stone, it is believed she had strokes in both of her eyes. She has little or no vision in one eye. You can go to her blog at http://www.amy-claudine.blogspot.com/ to daily know how to lift her in prayer. Amy is a beautiful wife, loving mother to three small boys, faithful believer and dear friend to me. I hurt so much for her and ask you all to join me in praying for restoration of sight to both eyes, for peace in the midst of this storm, for comfort to her, her husband and little family. As a young mom myself, I just can't imagine what she is going through. I'm at a loss for words but I do know that "the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words" (Romans 8:26).

Praying for Amy certainly changes what I view as important today and everyday.

Please join me.

8 comments:

SheilaDy said...

Jenny,
Please know that I am praying!
Sheila

Julia said...

Jenny;

So very sorry about your friend. I will be sure to keep her in my prayers.

Vonnie said...

We've been praying here on our end and will continue to do so. We didn't understand what was causing the "blindness" though, so thanks for the info.

CharleneOwensMomof2 said...

Jenny,

After I posted my own blog about Amy, I saw that you had done the same thing.

My heart hurts for Amy and her family so much and she is constantly on my mind and heart and will continue to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Just heard about this on Sunday and am praying. You're right. Stuff like this has a way of putting things into perspective.

Jumping tracks - so glad to see your pix of Kimberly's visit. So happy you all had such a beautiful time, and your comments about her were right on.

kayla said...

We have been praying and will continue to do so.
Loved seeing the pictures of Kimberly's visit. I get her next!

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jenny,
So sorry about your friend, will keep her in my prayers. I love the quote about running on the side. Just started my running 2 weeks ago--loogies are part of it, not to mention the emergency bathroom stops during a long run. I too my friend, am back at it!
xoxo Cherie

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I've so enjoyed reading about your friend, Amy, and what God is doing in her life. Praise the Lord for His healing! I also so enjoy reading about your family. Your little ones are growing so much. Trust you and Tom are doing well also.
Vicki Frederick