Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hearts

Last weekend I had the great privilege of traveling to Normal, Illinois to attend my 4th Hearts at Home Conference. Hearts is founded by Jill Savage, a pastor's wife and former teacher whose passion in life has become professionalizing motherhood (a title of one of her books) and affirming mothers in their decisions to pursuit their vocations with 110% of their being. Maybe later I will write more about what I learned this year...because there was a lot to glean. I was able to hook up with old friends from Michigan, my old pastor's wife and my old friend from church, Jill, who moved away last year, as well as travel down with some friends from here. I left feeling very encouraged that the "power of 15" effects so much...in 15 seconds, an attitude snaps; in 15 minutes, you can tackle so many jobs and become a better time manager; in 15 years, the better part of your molding influence will be had...make these years count...for the best...while you have them.

Amy & Kim

Kim gave me a great resource while there called "Gather Round the Table." It is a Lenten devotional you can do with your families...very applicable for smaller children...purchased at www.creativecommunications.com for around a dollar. Next year I am buying them for all the kids I come in contact through childrens ministries.


Brooke & Laura (from Michigan)



Michelle, Melissa, Heidi (from up here),

& Jill (recently moved away)


"Good-bye" came too soon!

I John 4:19 "We love because He first loved us."

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay for all your new posts!:)
Glad you had a good weekend...hey you look good!

Jillian said...

Jenny, I had a blast with you! No one laughs at my jokes except you...not even Rod! :) I was once again reminded that the best of friendships pick up right where they leave off. It was wonderful to see you and it made me even more excited to see all of you this summer! Hugs and kisses to the kids (who are changing way too quickly!)

Jillian said...

Oh, and since I'm sure Brooke and Laura make it on here...HI!! I had a great time getting to know you both. I can't wait until next year! You are both really great girls and I can see why Jenny feels blessed by your friendship!