Saturday, June 28, 2008

happy day to our fancy girl!

"I am 16 going on 17..."
Maddie loves to reenact that part of Sound of Music everytime she sees a circular fountain or gazebo. Here Daddy joined in the reenactment by the Smithsonian Castle in D.C.


She spins and she sways

to whatever song plays

without a care in the world.

And I'm sitting here wearing

the weight of the world on my shoulders.

It's been a long day

and there's still work to do

She's pulling at me saying, "Dad I need you

there's a ball at the castle and I've been invited

and I need to practice my dancing

Oh please, Daddy please"

So I will dance with Cinderella

while she is here in my arms

'cause I know something the prince never knew

Oh I will dance with Cinderella

I don't want to miss even one song

'cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight

and she'll be gone

by Steven Curtis Chapman

(see the video here)

9 comments:

Cara said...

Happy Birthday to Maddie! We love you Maddie and Kelcie would really enjoy playing dress up with you. Next time we are together maybe you two can have a tea party!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! I missed you in Sunday School today. My mommy told me you were on a trip. Hope you're having lots of fun! Love, your friend, Kaitlyn :)

Kimberly said...

Sending Bday hugs to Maddie...she is the "real deal" when it comes to princesses!

(I checked out your link to the camp ya'll will be at....looks really great! Blessings on Tom and all of you there!)

Renee said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

love,
hannah

Making Memories 1999 said...

Happy to Maddie! We LOVE this song. Our Sunshine Girl danced with her Daddy to this tune, on his birthday last year. Great memories!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Day, Maddie!! A few days late, but oh well. :)

Have enjoyed catching up a bit on your blog. I've been on somewhat of a hiatus due to summer laziness. ;) I echo your sentiments about the Mitford series. Fun and heartwarming to read. Hope the rest of your summer is lovely!

Vonnie said...

Love that song! Happy B-day to Maddie!!

Tara said...

Belated "HAPPY DAY" to Maddie. I would sure love to see our Sophie and your Maddie together. It would be a time fit for queens, to be sure! :)

Dara and Tico said...

oh...she is just beautiful! congrats to her on her b-day! xoxo