Monday, August 11, 2008

make new friends, but keep the old...

The day before we left for New Jersey, I was so excited to be able to meet up with my old B-hall buddy from HSBC, Michelle. Ah, the stories I could tell (but definitely won't because she could definitely return the "favor")... How is it we can be so close and then~boom~11 years has gone by since we've seen each other?! All I can say is, as I drove home that night (yep, you guessed it I got caught in traffic AGAIN...stay away from 94 through the city at all costs) I had a lot of time to think, and just couldn't help but pause and give thanks for wonderful friendships. We don't live down the hall from each other anymore; and I am horrible at writing & calling but what a joy to pick up where you left off...yes, even after 11 years!

Thank you so much Steve & Michelle for treating Maddie and I to lunch at the Cheesecake factory. Thanks to your sweet kiddos for giving up time from their family vacation. Thanks to Steve for not just putting up with our chatter, but "seemingly" enjoying it as well. It was such a privilege to spend time with you all again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How neat! So glad you got to catch up. Just thinking back on that era makes me smile! You're right, there is just something special and comforting about old friendships. Thanks for being one of mine! :)

Donna said...

This was such a highlight to Shell. She told me about it! The older we get the more meaningful friendships are. Have a great day!

julie f said...

Oh, so cute! Love the picture and the memories it stirs up, seeing you guys together.
You are both beautiful people!

Sure wish I could see YOU in a few days! It will be great to see Tom!

Love ya!

Kimberly said...

So happy ya'll were able to meet up...sweet times to remember.
Wouldn't a big reunion be fun?!

Mary Ellen said...

That is so cool you guys got to see each other - great picture!

Vonnie said...

Ummmmm, cheesecake factory!!!! That was the whole point of the post, right?? hahaha

Dara and Tico said...

oh I love that photo...I miss you guys! we should have a b-hall reunion!! ;-) hope we can meet up when I'm there in November! I love your photo of the kids at the beach (your first foto on the blog!) btw! xoxo