Saturday, October 4, 2008

my favorite time of the year

Oh my words...is it a beautiful day or what? I love waking up to a chill in the air that makes you want to snuggle under the covers...until you hear the patter of little feet that lets you know someone has crawled out of his bed AGAIN at some ungodly hour in the morning (saturdays never stop him). But then there is the reality of a husband who gets up first to take care of said child. There is also the dawning reality that the sky is brilliantly blue (was it ever more so?), the air is crisp, the leaves are dawning a bright yellow...who would want to be indoors today? The beauty in decay...maybe a lesson that death is not the final victor?

4 comments:

Cara said...

Hey Jenny,

Love your post--need a pic! Are your leaves changing there yet? Ours are just starting. We are heading to MI in a 1 1/2 weeks--should hit peak season!

Wanted to let you know that we checked out Fancy Nancy--Kelcie loves her! So now we are big Fancy Nancy fans too. Thought maybe we could do a "Fancy Nancy" party sometime when we are together.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

I love fall as well. And... I read the comment about Fancy Nancy and it must be a sign or something. LOL One of my good friends just had a Fancy Nancy bday party for her little girl yesterday. Complete with the crooked cake.
:-) (http://jesussistersandlaundry.blogspot.com/2008/10/addie-turns-four-fancy-nancy-birthday.html)

Julie

Mary Ellen said...

Sigh...no cool weather or changing leaves here but I do enjoy seeing (or reading about) the beauty of Fall on fellow bloggers blogs. I know we get our feeling fine weather soon but about this time of the year I'm anxious for it to arrive.

cheriepasbjerg said...

Ummmm. Fall is wonderful isn't it? I would like to meet one person who doesn't love it? Is there such a person??? I just pulled my veggie garden today and Jack ws in the wagon watching with his bare feet, his tootsies were chilly, now the time of year for at least socks, right? Don't you love husbands that get up with the kids and let you at least lay there for a few peaceful moments? Heavenly. Will I see you next weekend?