Sunday, October 5, 2008

pictures

Cole turned 8 at the beginning of last month. It was a low key night at home (our favorite kind) with a visit from Grandma to make the day extra special. Nana & Gramps will be happy to read that his favorite dinner, and request for his birthday meal, was finger steaks. He also had soccer practice that evening and the entire family has really enjoyed cheering for him at his weekly games.A picture on the couch before we opened presents...we took this exact pose last year. Really neat to note the changes of the kids from year to year. You can compare by looking at this post from last year. There was a small piece of cake leftover that Maddie had a glorious time decorating to the hilt. She pulled out sprinkles of every hue and season (ummm....wonder how old some of those are?)
The following pics were taken just this weekend as we are beginning to enjoy the fall colors (unfortunately due to taking these at dusk the leaves don't really show up). Isaac continues to be a hoot to try to photograph. I think some of the passerbys in the park were amused by our efforts...they were all childless couples with enormous cameras simply out photographing the leaves themselves and enjoying the stillness of the woods. We hoped they enjoyed our commotion because any thoughts of "stillness" were quickly shattered by our presence.
Isaac's body stance and facial expression in the following picture pretty much sums up his philosophy about posed pictures.
And lastly, a picture of our four kiddos who were balancing mom on the teeter-totter in this shot. I finally have been returning to the gym with some semblance of discipline again. While it is exciting to be down close to 10 lbs.....it's still a struggle knowing your taking off the same weight you'd previously lost last year. I guess that's where I'm at, though. Truly acknowledging for me it will always be a struggle...but one that I hope I always struggle to stay at battle with. Anyways the kids enjoyed trying to counterbalance mom's weight. The look on their face of sheer delight just begged me to lift the camera and try to capture. I'm really trying to take those pictures in my mind every day. These days of childhood are slipping by way too quickly....but I'm so thankful for the journey through them together.



For those of you in need of a picture fix....this post should oblige you.




15 comments:

VFrederick said...

I so enjoy your blog and the pictures of your children. How they are growing!!!
I'm a faithful reader. Miss you all so much!

Cara said...

Jenny,

Love the pics of the kids. I almost feel guilty making a new post without pics because I know that my fam is just waiting to see new pictures of the kids!

I can't get over Issac! I know the other three's faces so well, but he has changed a lot and I can't figure out who he looks like. It will be so fun to see him this next time we get together.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing! Wow, that is amazing the change in 365 days :). Sure do love you all.
Cole's gift is in the back of the jeep to go to the post office...Sorry :)I love the pic on the teter-totter :)
Love you,
Deb

Anonymous said...

P.S. Great job on the cake!!!

Anonymous said...

Really wonderful pics. I always enjoy them. It is amazing to see the difference that one year makes. May you truly cherish every moment! Love to you all.

laura k said...

Jenny,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I can't believe how big Cole looks! Like I've said before, he is still four in my mind...I agree that I can't place who Isaac looks like. For so long I thought he looked like Si...now I'm not so sure :) Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing far better than me, my friend (the numbers aren't going down as fast as I'd like...)
Love to all of you!

julie f said...

Love the pictures, Jenny! I have to say that Maddy looks like the one who has grown the most to me in a year. She is so very cute!! And for what it's worth, :) that cutie-Issac looks like his mommy to me (at least the smile)!

Glad you are having a nice fall...it is such a wonderful time of the year!

Sure wish we could see you! (Krys and I were talking that we need to have a girls' reunion this spring somewhere.)It seems like so long since we have been with you!

Hugs and kisses to you all! Much love from Idaho!

Jackie said...

Hi Jenny,

It was so good to see the new pics of your beautiful kids and to read your recent posts. Please give Cole belated birthday greetings from us.

I loved what you said about trying to take those pictures in your mind - it all goes by so fast, doesn't it?

Vonnie said...

Very nice post and great pictures!

Kimberly said...

Great pics! Maddie is looking even more like you!

(I see we are reading the same thing!)

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jen-Ben
Congrats on the 10 lbs off! That is a huge deal! So sorry about this weekend, bummer. Next year we will meet up and run it together. OK? You can do it, especially if I can. And I know how determined you are once you set your mind to it. And that is all it really takes. Honestly. The kids are so big and adorable as always. Maddie is just delicious! xoxo Cherie

cheriepasbjerg said...

Also, try ot to focus on the numbers so much when it comes to losing weight. It is all about the inches and how your clothes fit. During all of this training I have done I have only lost 3 pounds, but went down 3 jean sizes. Keep up the good work!

kayla said...

Your kiddos are growing quickly, but are so beautiful. Really cute pictures.
I completely understand your battle and say mega dittos.

Julia said...

Love the picts of your kiddos, they seem so full of joy.

Just so you know, I read my first Austen book and I'm hooked. You are right to love her work.

Speaking of books, I love L'engle but have never heard of the book you are currently reading. I'm excited to check that one out. Thanks.

Mandy said...

Jenny--I love your blog and your writing. Its like a ray of sunshine through all the clouds! Wow have the kids grown!! They are too precious. And I made your pumpkin Chip cookies twice now and both times were a huge hit...especially with my gang! I'm going to be making a few more batches before Thanksgiving is past!! Thanks for sharing it.

love, Mandy