Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving happenings

We did it!!!! Tom and I successfully completed a 10K during the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. Don't ask us where we placed and I'm not sure you could call it "running," but our bodies were in perpetual motion the entire time and boy were we proud of each other for finishing. Next year...a respectable time!


Maddie loved baking with me this week...here she is making her own pecan pie.













Dinner at my sister Amy's...food was wonderful as always. We are so thankful Steve began to regain vision in his eye last week. Due to a retinal detachment we feared he would not regain sight in that eye. It is still a long journey but it was especially good to gather on this day and pause to give thanks together.


Aunt B-B manned the kids table.




Everybody wanted to squeeze guess who?





















And last...a really magical walk downtown to see the windows at Macy's...this year's theme was the Nutcracker.

6 comments:

julie f said...

Yeah for you and Tom!

So good to hear about your day...I missed talking to you on Thanksgiving. Looks like a great time!

Isaac is getting so much hair! He is looking so grown up! (BTW, Preston has that same sweater...wish we could take a picture of them together!)

Aren't girls fun to have around in the kitchen? My 10 year old little girl made the apple pie all by herself this year! Maddie will be there before we can blink!

Love you all so much...
Julie

Kimberly said...

Congrats on the run!!
Looks like a great day..so loved the thanksgiving lists..and thanks for the challenge to think about "how" we are living..that often gets lost in the daily struggle (at least for me) and "whatever the state" I too want to live in a thankful way. Love to All!

JenLo said...

Congrats on the run!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I would love to do that sometime but I might have to invest in some different knees afterward!~ :-)

I enjoyed the pictures!

kayla said...

You are truly an inspiration!
Loved seeing all the pictures. I especially like the one of the three sisters.

Matt, Katie and Micah Riley said...

Jenny,

You are my inspiration. I have asked for new cross-trainers for Christmas - really need to get back on the saddle. Keep up the good work!