Monday, April 21, 2008

Little Women

Maddie and I got to have a girls outing where we went to see the musical Little Women put on by a local high school. I love the book and the movie but had never seen the musical (had no idea there was one). It was a really sweet rendering of the story and the students did a great job. I especially was moved by these lyrics that Marmee sings to Jo after Beth's passing:

So Believe that she matters!
And Believe that she always will!
She will always be with you!
She'll be part of the days you've yet to feel!
She will live in your bounty!
She will live as you carry on your life!

So carry on,
Full of Hope,
She'll be there,
For all your Days of Plenty.

Maddie was especially impressed by "the girls and their preeeetty dresses" and she really liked the professor. I think she showed good taste in her little critique. Later that evening Tom had run Cole out to a b-day party and Isaac and I were finishing up after dinner clean-up while Maddie and Si were outside. I happened to glance out the window to see this picture:

She was just talking up a storm to her little doll Emily. Then she proceeded to "teach Emily how to play hopscotch." I am proud to say I put away the dishrag and went out to sit on my frontporch and watch the best show in town...my kids!










10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jen,

Not only did I smile, I laughed
and a little tear, so happy to
see Maddie enjoying her little girl
and Jenny enjoying her little girl.
Always a joy to see Isaac and what
he's getting into next.

It's a wonderful day!

cheriepasbjerg said...

How cute! I read on about your dad and it made me remember my dad, he died 4 years ago and the special person he once was! Maddie, so cute, girls really have it in them to care and love their "babies". Sofie goes no where without her "baby". She is getting over a pretty bad ear infection, she has never had one before. Terrrible when they are sick.

Anonymous said...

wasn't it beth that died rather than meg? but an aside, my niece is looking so grown up!!

amy

jenny said...

Being the literary genius that I am...I missed that...but yes, you are right, definitely Beth not Meg.

Kimberly said...

Glad to see Amy's clarity here!:)

Sooo love this pic! How neat for you and Maddie...and what precious moments to enjoy! Love to All!

Julia said...

Precious pictures, glad you are enjoying those "moments made eternity". I love that your little guy actually tried putting the bullion back!
I also really enjoyed reading about your Father. I never really knew him, but it sounds like he was a wonderful man who touched many lives.

Vonnie said...

Now, don't forget that you put your dish rag away and spent time with your kids. I will always remember, maybe not the specifics, but the times when the house didn't get cleaned the way it should have but I took the time to spend with the kids and I have NO regrets!!

Lisa said...

Jenny,
Those pictures of Maddie are priceless!!!! She is such a little lady. I saw her Sunday morning holding Tom's hand on her way down the hall to Sunday School. She looked so adorable and like such a little lady! Kelly, my mom, and I are HUGE Little Women fans, have seen 2 productions of the musical and the movie of course countless times. Such a rich story. Thanks for sharing all the great photos! :)
Lisa

Tara said...

What SWEET pictures! They are truly priceless. Thanks for sharing them, and for the reminder of what it's really all about.....

Anonymous said...

Absolutely loved the pictures! They are precious! Thanks for sharing.