Tuesday, September 4, 2007

B-days, 1st-days, and Prayer Updates



















Happy Birthday to Aunt B-B
and to cousin Becca!

Two very special people to us happen to share the same special day. We love you and wish we could celebrate you in person but in the meantime know you are loved a lot (across a lot of miles)!!!





Today was also the first day of school for Cole (first grade) and Josiah (kindergarten). They both seemed to really enjoy their days. It was a really bittersweet day for me because I missed them so much. But I am thankful for the peace God gives as we walk each day trying to live in His presence. He is enough. That is the phrase that keeps coming to my mind. He is with us wherever we go and we can't possibly leave His presence if we tried (Psalm 139). Our boys attend our local neighborhood public school and that provides a lot of advantages but also some disadvantages and we pray God uses every situation He brings to us to mold our boys and our family into who He wants us to be.

Maddie was a hoot today (and everyday)! Immediately upon leaving the school this morning she asked if we could go shopping. Tom said I had trained her well--ditch the boys and head for the stores! She told grandma on the phone that the boys had moved away. When questioned about this, she calmly replied, "Yeah... they did move to school!" You have to remember it's been quite a traumatic summer of moves for her as her long lost love, Benny, moved away. So I guess she is still processing the word "move." She has finally learned to say the "L" sound--so there is no more "I yuv you, I yike you," no more "Yucky Charms," and she no longer resembles a reptile (with tongue darting out of mouth) when she says "blue." She did coin a new term at our house this summer, "bugito," referring to mosquito.


Thank you to those of you who are praying for my friend. Please continue to do so. She has finished her first 3 week treatment of chemo, had 1 week off and is starting her second go round this week. Actually tomorrow (Wed.) is her treatment day so if you are reading this please do pray for Jenny, her husband Sam and their 1 year old daughter Renee. Jenny is battling breast cancer which has moved into her bones. We as believers are uplifting her to the Healer of all diseases and praying our faith would be enlarged even as we pray.


Mark 9:24 "I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief!"

6 comments:

SheilaDy said...

I am praying for your friend, Jenny. God is so much bigger than cancer!
We will join you in your faith journey for her. Please do keep us updated.

Blessings to a GREAT mom!
Love,
Sheila

Mary Ellen said...

I don't enjoy seeing my older two off to their first day of school either, at least I can still enjoy being home with my two youngest boys. I'm more apt to hear "Lets play trains" then "lets go shopping" though! "-)

Vonnie said...

Kids say the cutest things. I always felt so badly when they no longer said words the cute way. That 1st day of school is hard but it does get easier!! I will be praying for Jenny!!

cheriepasbjerg said...

I dread that first day- so grown up. Love all of your pictures!
xoxo

Kimberly said...

Great Bday pics...and of the smart little students. (former residents of your home!!:)

Trusting with you that all will be well for your boys' schooling..and what a light your family has already been in that environment! Also will pray for your friend.
Love to All!

Marty said...

Praying for your friend!!