Tuesday, January 15, 2008

24 helicopters, that's all...

Just received an e-mail this morning asking for help petitioning the president for helicopters to back up the peacekeepers recently deployed (and attacked, although they have no way to defend themselves or the innocent refugees they are trying to help). The main fault here lies with the Sudanese government that is repeatedly dragging their feet on addressing the problem. However, in my opinion, as a country that is a world leader we definitely need to reach an arm of defense out to help our African neighbors. Consider sending an e-mail here.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the info..and link to email!! This issue receive FAR less attention that it should..appalling what's happening there!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Have spent the last several minutes catching up on your life and have loved every minute! I thank God for the dimension your friendship adds to my life. You are truly a blessing.

By the way, I've made it through the first 6 books of Augustine and have actually enjoyed it tremendously. Much more than I anticipated. Thanks for being the catalyst! Love ya!

jenny said...

Great job, Sonja...now you are inspiring me because you are ahead of me!!! My meeting is the 31st so hopefully we can share some thoughts after that. I'll be anxious to hear yours.

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jenny,
I am going to order those books today. I don't know when I am going to have the chance to read them---I really miss reading. Love to all of you, I have enjoyed reading about your holidays!

Anonymous said...

It is not just that the Sudanese Gov't is not doing anything to stop the killing, they are active participants. I commend a documentary to you: "The Devil Came on horseback." There are some very graphic images, so be warned.