Saturday, January 19, 2008

Not an endorsement...but a good read

Between Two Worlds: McCain: The Best Pro-Life Choice?

Be sure to scroll up to read the article...but the comments were enlightening.

I loved the wording of this paragraph (but wonder how that really dovetails with his exceptions in extreme cases):

I believe that there is a profound lesson here about what it means to be pro-life, a lesson which goes beyond the important (but obvious) fact that the McCains live by the same principles which lie behind John’s voting record. “Little Bridget” was not sought out by the McCains. She was not expected or planned for. She was an unanticipated gift whom the McCains welcomed, not because she was antecedently “wanted” by them, but because she was a baby, a unique and unrepeatable human being with a right to life because she is a human being and not because some other people’s plans include her — or don’t.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I heard CM speak about this in an interview...very impressed, as I am with his very consistent record on justice in general.

Such a thought of how much each of us can mak a real difference in even just one life...if we will.

(I'm in OKC...so loving how your blog looks on a "newer" computer!!)

Anita Marie said...

I believe in pro-life from the moment someone is conceived to their natural death. McCain doesn't seem very pro-life in between those two marks. I think if he got in we would see war like we've never seen before.

Just my 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny...I sure would love to stay in touch w/you. I am trying to get my blogspot page up and running..properly that is!! :)
How are you?
your kidos are adorable.
I have many great memories of you'll!
love ya,
Lenita