Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Best quote

A dear & brilliant friend just told me this on the phone yesterday and I loved it! She said, "May I give you permission to NOT be your children's cruise director this summer!"

I am so excited for summer, for my boys to be home with us; I'm excited for the different activities summer will bring...there will be projects, there will be friends, there will be vacation, there will be sports and swimming, yes, there will be shuttling back and forth....but you know what else....there will be days of nothing and doesn't that sound blessed?

7 comments:

brooke said...

Three huge cheers for days of nothing!




Yes, Jenny,I have finally joined the blogger comment world!

SheilaDy said...

Jenny....thank you for sharing that. May I claim it as my own as well??

Thanks!
Sheila

Renee said...

We call those days "pj" days :) Hannah wishes it was "pj" day every day...secretly so do I!

Lisa said...

Amen!!! That's sounds like a fabulous plan!!! I like it!

Mary Ellen said...

I love the days of nothingness, I love the days of sand, beach, pool, parks and playdates...I LOVE summer....and best of all??? NO ALARM CLOCKS!!! "-)

julie f said...

Yeah for summer and enjoying just "hangin' out!"
Sure wish we could get together!!!!

Love you all!

cheriepasbjerg said...

Enjoy your summer, hope it is filled with memory making fun.