Sunday, May 11, 2008

happy "mommmmma's" day to you!

Mom has always been loyal. Fiercely loyal. Loyal to Dad, loyal to her kids, loyal to her friends. Never wavering in her love, her commitment, her passion. Always loyal.

Mom has always been sacrificial. She always looks for ways to serve others, to help others, to make others succeed. I remember many times Mom waiting until she was sure that there was enough for everyone -- even for everyone to have second helpings -- before taking more than a token amount of food. To a fault, she would put those in her care above herself.

Mom has always been courageous. From fighting through recurrent illnesses (how many times can one person get pneumonia?) to recovering from the rollover accident in Ekalaka to lying with a broken hip for hours on the sidewalk in a Montana winter to facing new churches and new challenges with cheerfulness and hope, Mom has always had a brave heart.

That -- and a whole lot more -- is my Mom. I'm proud of her. I love her.

Happy Mother's Day.
Tom

6 comments:

julie f said...

Such true words for a beautiful, Godly lady!1

Vonnie said...

Beautiful tributes to both of your mothers!!

Jillian said...

Tom, that was so well written. As I was reading it, it made me hope that I would be worthy of a tribute like that from my boys someday. You know the saying, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." It is evident that your mom worked hard to instill those qualities in you too. You and Jenny are passing that legacy on to your own children. Great post! I'm sure it made your mom cry!!
jill

Anonymous said...

Jill,

I can't imagine that your boys *won't* say something like this some day.

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you too!

Tom

Anonymous said...

Well said, Bro. Mom truly is a wonderful lady and an awesoem mom!
Love you all,
Deb

kayla said...

Loved catching up on your blog. So wonderful that Tom participated in writing for his Mom. I am touched.
It was also wonderful reading about your Mom. I have only met her a couple of times, but have admired her from all the positive things I have heard from others.
It was also great to hear about Dara. I was wondering about her not long ago.