Sunday, May 4, 2008

Congrats to Dara and Thiago

This post is for all my old college friends. I was so surprised to recently participate in one of those e-mails where you answer 20 questions about unusually mundane items (like ice cream preference) to learn the very exciting news that my friend Dara had gotten married in London! That was definitely not mundane news...after a few e-mails I was able to hear more details and then see these beautiful pictures. I asked her if she'd mind my sharing them because I know some of you will delight in them just as I did. Her new husband is Thiago...they initially met at church where he played drums...and they are moving to Scotland early this summer. She is a beautiful friend (inside and out) and I've never seen her look more so than in the following pictures. Sending much love to their new family from our side of the "pond" to theirs.


9 comments:

Vonnie said...

How very nice!! I love reconnecting with friends via e-mail and the good ole internet. :)

Anonymous said...

She looks so pretty! How cool to reconnect. It has been way too long since I heard how Dara was doing. Thanks for the update!

Kimberly said...

Happy for Dara!

julie f said...

Thanks for the update and pictures! She looks lovely!

She had emailed me that she had recently gotten married, but I did not know any details. So very happy for her!

Anita Marie said...

Jenny, Thanks for sharing this news. And please pass on my congratulations. She was a beautiful bride. I was wondering if Dara was still in London. Would you mind passing onto her my email address. Since I live in England also I would love to reconnect. She lived catty-corner across the hall from me in college. When I found I would be living in England I wanted so badly to get in contact with her.

amdalkin@gmail.com

Many Thanks!

cheriepasbjerg said...

She looks even more beautiful now than she did in college! I have actually thought about her over the years and I am glad that she is happy and soooo pretty! What a beautiful bride. I hope she reads this blog and she can catch up with all of us I would love to hear from her! Ryan and I go to London about once a year, would be nice to catch up.

cheriepasbjerg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LOS said...

Jenny, Thank you for sharing. I have wondered too about Dara, and you and Julie. It is nice to see your blog, and to see how each of you are doing.
If your reading, Dara,congratulations to you and your new husband. You look as beautiful as ever. LeAnn

Dara and Tico said...

hello Jen! I finally was able to open the blog. Well Tico (his nickname) and I are in Scotland now. We are going through the very exciting process of buying our first apartment! It has two bedrooms and a big living room (OK big by UK standards) and you will have a place to stay when you come to visit...hint, hint!!! love your blog!! xoxo