Friday, May 9, 2008

Yeah!

...for the economic stimulus package!! Can't begin to understand HOW this is going to stimulate the economy (by passing out "free" money) but it sure is fun to see it sitting it one's bank account. We are not stimulating the economy one bit...but Dave would be mighty proud of us!!

Tom and I continue to enjoy and feel inspired by our Dave Ramsey class. We love the regular date night each Thursday night. Last night I felt like a kid in church again, with a bad case of the giggles, and you know it's probably not the right place, but for some reason it makes you all the more tickled. Tom is really witty and it was really fun to listen to his running monologue throughout the night. Sometimes, after you've been married a bit, the same jokes aren't quite as funny as they used to be...but than there are the moments where you realize no one could make you laugh harder.

The evening ended even better. Tom and I really enjoy the TV show The Office on the rare occasions we actually remember or are able to sit down together. This was the first time this year I actually remembered to try and tape it while we were away. It was in my opinion, classic Office style humor......but the tape ran out 10 minutes shy of the ending. When the Cornell guy crashes his golf cart....we both laughed out SO loud...only to then see a blank screen...followed by great groans...and then more laughter.

Okay, The Office doesn't really matter, but the lesson I was reminded of last night does--it is really important to learn to cultivate a spirit of laughter with your spouse (and not just laughter at what the kids do/say). Laughter has weathered us through many storms of life and I look forward to all the funny memories left to be shared.

4 comments:

cheriepasbjerg said...

Isn't it fun to laugh with your best friend? I remember your giggle fits, they were so cute. I am sure Tom adores them. Keep having fun!

Mary Ellen said...

Half the time when Rick and I are watching something together and he is laughing, I'm laughing too, but I'm laughing at him laughing! I love his laugh and love that 13 years into a marriage he still makes me laugh. Can't imagine it any other way. Loved this blog.

Anonymous said...

I also appreciated the little extra in my bank account! And love your thoughts about laughing together. I believe it is part of the glue that helps to cement the important relationships in our lives. Blessings!

Kimberly said...

Sweet....and continue to enjoy thinking about your "extra" $$!:) Love Ya!